News and Updates
- Vice Chancellor and General Counsel David E. Broome will retire on June 30, 2016. See feature in Chancellor's newsletter, and photos from the Chancellor's reception in his honor.
- Vice Chancellor and General Counsel David E. Broome wins Charlotte Business Journal's Outstanding General Counsel Award in the Outstanding General Counsel in offices with 2-10 attorneys category
- On February 24, 2016, Broome, along with 21 other top lawyers in the Charlotte region, was recognized during the sold-out event at Myers Park Country Club. Throughout the evening, winners in nine categories were named. Now in its fifth year, the program spotlights dedicated local lawyers who keep the business world running but rarely get public recognition: corporate counsel. The honorees were chosen after the Charlotte Business Journal solicited nominations from readers. The nominations were evaluated by a judging panel provided by the Association of Corporate Counsel’s Charlotte chapter, with input from the Charlotte Business Journal editorial staff.
- See photos from the event here.
- See yearbook photos from nominees, including Dave Broome's yearbook photo, here.
Dave Broome at the awards ceremony with UNC Charlotte colleagues
- Policy Revisions: Keep up with the latest revisions and additions to the University Policy series here.
Tina Dadio, Paralegal and University Public Records Officer
Melanie White, Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor and General Counsel
Anna Clark, Receptionist and Administrative Assistant
The Office of Legal Affairs is located on the 3rd floor of Cato Hall (see #48 on the Campus Map). The OLA may be contacted online by clicking here: https://legal.uncc.edu/contact
Office of Legal Affairs
9201 University City Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001
Phone: 704‑687‑5732 FAX: 704‑687‑1673
About the Office of Legal Affairs Website
The materials and information on the Office of Legal Affairs website are presented for informational and general guidance purposes only and should not be relied upon as direct legal advice.The information on this website will be revised from time to time as appropriate, but references to law or policy may not always be current.
Please contact the Office of Legal Affairs for specific legal advice related to the University.