This Policy authorizes the Director of Continuing Education to provide a discount, not to exceed 50%, on the registration fee for courses offered by that office to be charged to any "qualified employee," as that term is defined in the policy.
For any specific non-credit program offered by UNC Charlotte Extended Academic Programs, the Director of Continuing Education is authorized, without further approvals, to provide a discount, not to exceed 50%, on the course program registration fee to be charged to any "qualified employee."
For purposes of this Policy, a "qualified employee" is a current permanent EPA or permanent SPA employee of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte who:
- has completed any required period of SPA probationary employment;
- is regularly scheduled to work thirty or more hours each week at least nine months of each year;
- has obtained the advance written approval of his/her supervisor to enroll in the program, if the program is offered during the employee's normal working hours; and
- meets all other requirements for admission to the specific program.
The amount of the discount offered to qualified employees for any particular program shall be a percentage amount established by the Director of Continuing Education, in his or her sole discretion. If a discount is offered to qualified employees for such a program, the same discount rate shall be applied to all qualified employees enrolled in the same program.
This Policy shall apply to all programs for which the enrollment period begins on or after July 1, 2005.
- Initially approved by the Board of Trustees December 3, 2004
- Revised title March 4, 2005
- Updated October 19, 2015
Authority: Board of Trustees
Responsible Office: Academic Affairs