The Office of Legal Affairs maintains UNC Charlotte's University Policies, a series of policies of general applicability to members of the University community. All University Policies must be developed, reviewed, revised, approved, and published in accordance with the standards and procedures specified in University Policy 805, University Policy Development, Approval, and Publication.
Organization of University Policies
University Policies are grouped numerically by chapter, based upon subject matter. The chapters, subchapters, and policies are found in the left sidebar menu on all University Policies pages.
- Chapter 100 Personnel Policies and Regulations
- Chapter 200 Academic Policies
- Chapter 300 Research, Intellectual Property, and Information Technology
- Chapter 400 Student and Alumni Matters
- Chapter 500 Nondiscrimination
- Chapter 600 Property, Finances, Services and Records
- Chapter 700 Safety and Health
- Chapter 800 University Policies of General Application
University Policy Ownership
Each University Policy is "owned" by a department or unit of the University. Those departments or units are responsible for developing and updating the policies they own.
Other UNC Charlotte Policies
Below is a selection of other policies of specific application at UNC Charlotte, but which are not part of the University Policy series.
- Academic Policies and Procedures
- Atkins Library Policies
- Research Administration Policies and Procedures
- Facilities Management Policies
- CRES Policies and Forms
- IT Policies & Standards
- Halton Arena Policies
- Parking and Transportation Policies
- Recreational Services Policies
- Website & Network Use Policies
- Privacy Statement
- Copyright Statement
- GDPR Privacy Notice
UNC System Policies & Guidelines
Old/New Policy Cross-Reference Chart
- Policy Number Cross-Reference Chart: List of policies under the numbering system prior to reorganization in 2012 and notation of corresponding current policy numbers