The Office of Legal Affairs maintains UNC Charlotte's University Policies, a series of policies of general applicability to members of the University community. All University Policies must be developed, reviewed, revised, approved, and published in accordance with the standards and procedures specified in University Policy 805, University Policy Development, Approval, and Publication.
- Chapter 100 Personnel Policies and Regulations
- Chapter 200 Academic Policies
- Chapter 300 Research, Intellectual Property, and Information Technology
- Chapter 400 Student and Alumni Matters
- Chapter 500 Nondiscrimination
- Chapter 600 Property, Finances, Services and Records
- Chapter 700 Safety and Health
- Chapter 800 University Policies of General Application
Pursuant to the University's Computing Network Policies, the University may take any steps necessary to address violations of those policies, including monitoring, accessing, retrieving, reading, and/or disclosing data communications when there is a reasonable cause to suspect a violation of applicable University policy, criminal activity, or when monitoring is required by law.